I spent a lot of time and money through highschool and college on music. Concerts, cds, mp3s, the players, the works. Since getting married and especially since having a kid I feel completely disconected from that world. Not necessarily a bad thing, my tastes have definatly changed, but when I hear a great song on the radio it makes me want to dance and listen to it over and over again. The problem being that 1 out of every 100 songs on the radio is actually worth listening to.
So what I really want to know is what are your favorite songs?!!!! What songs make you want to dance in the kitchen or go lay in the grass all day and look at the clouds in the sky? I am in desperate need of a music overhaul and have been saving my allowance for a itunes binge. So please help me out here!!!
On that similar note. I found this you tube video and fell in love with the song. I vaguely recognize both the songs (i don't listen to the radio much) but the combo is just great. Enjoy!
Also, here are some youtubes of the songs that inspire me......
Amy Macdonald- This is the Life
Dhoom Tana- Om shanti Om
Joshua Radin- Today
Chairlift- Bruises
Mika- Lollypop
Soeur Sourire- Dominique
Yael Naim- New Soul
Pricilla Ahn- Are we Different
Click Click Click- Bishop Allen
Daylight- Matt and Kim
Fleet Foxes- Winter Hymnal
Tilly and the Wall- Rainbows in the dark - this makes me want to tapdance through life
5 comments:
I LOVE that video!
Ok Kristen, so I never check anyones blogs anymore, BUT I can tell you some of my favorite songs :)
-The guy that says goodbye to you is out of his mind by Griffin House
-Break the Silence by Jon Peter Lewis
- Disturbia by Rhianna
- Kate Vogele's new album
And there are probably more, but that is what I could think of right now! haha....I have so much music and I also love anything 80's haha..BUT if you want anymore let me know!
Hope that helps!
LOVE YOU!!!
Whatever happened to CD mix club?!?!?
unfortunately, i'm in the same boat as you. I haven't listened to the radio since before I had Hayden. Pathetic really! But, I've really enjoyed all of your music!
Kristen! This is waaaaaayyy overdue, but that's just how I roll... Heh.
Like usual, I have way too many to musics to recommend, but I thought I'd give ya the URL to my personal radio station that I have. I try to update it every other day or so, or at least once a week...
http://blip.fm/amesynth
Sorry for no personal life updates in forever... I have horrible ADD when it comes to blogging/emailing, so that's why I've been more into twittering/leaving status updates on FB. I seem to only have the attention span to write a 140 character description of what's going on w/ me... =/
I really am trying to get this blasted email to you, but I just fail. But here's a very brief overview of what's been going on:
- Not going to school atm...
- Bill and I finally broke up
- He moved back to Billings, which left me scrambling to find a place I could afford on my own and ended up in a sublet in the U District til the end of August, when I'll have to move again.
- Scrambling to find a job so I can afford to continue living here. Cause if I don't find something in the next month, I may just have to come back to Billings... Suck.
Like I said, that was VERY brief, but thought I should give ya that much at least.
I love seeing all the things you've been doing and making on this blog. It's really all pretty amazing to me! Keep it up!
Love you to pieces!!
(Oh, and for a more specific music rec, I've had Passion Pit's album Manners in my car for like a month and just can't get it out)
<3
Post a Comment