Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ode to pests

Alex and I are back in Billings again! It was so hard to leave all the fun and family in Provo, but I am excited to spend some time with Mom and David and do all the farm things out here again.
This last week Ben and Kate moved into the Brady's basement with me, and it was so fun having them there all the time. Susan, Kate, Alex and I went and picked blackberries at a farm in Payson and it was (in Kate's words) like hunting for treasure! The berries were so huge and delicious. We had blackberry lemonaid and waffles for dinner that night.
Alex and I also went to Swiss days with Kate, Pat and Susan on Friday. I have never seen so many crafts in all my life! There were so many cool things and we got a lot of ideas. I bought a couple flower clips for Alex and a slice of pie that came with about a pint and a half of icecream for $3.50! Alex loves being outside in her stroller. We said goodbye to Pat and Susan who went to Bear Lake to pick up Kara and Devin, and that was sad. Friday night I went out to dinner with the Asay's and it was a lot of fun to be with the whole family (minus David who was at home).
Now we are back on the farm and I have found that, among other things, having a baby has made me hyper squimish of spiders. Mom fogged the basement before she came to Provo, which makes me feel a bit better about moving down there. But today I saw the largest spider in the world, in the bathtub upstairs.
I think one of the only downsides of living on a farm is the abundance of bugs that you just can't keep out of the house.

No comments: