In between packing up our lives and stressing over everything on the planet, we've been able to squeeze in a few million more things to do before we drive into the sunrise.
My baby brother started college and so we all gathered for an attempt at a family picture before 1/3 of us leave for Pennsylvania.Children make pictures hard.
Mainly Heidi makes pictures hard.
I finished up Quinn's blessing dress in the nick of time! It was made from my mother's wedding dress and turned out quite nicely. Alex informed me it was WAY too big.
The little charmer was a sport on blessing day, although not during the blessing. She actually cried through the entire thing.
Afterwards we came home for a luncheon with all the visiting family. These 4 entertained each other for hours, they play so well!
Quinn and Grandpa held down the recliner for us. It was a long day.
And a hot one. I had to get a picture before we released her from her tiny sauna dress.
The rest of the week was spent packing, painting a dresser and playing with friends.
We had a BBQ up the canyon with our dear neighbors who we will miss so much. I always end up laughing my guts out when we are with these guys, and the kids are all best friends.
We had one last play date at Great Grandma Jakes. She insisted we look through the cupboards for lunch and I found some gems!!!! This lovely can of Bean and Bacon soup EXPIRED 22 years ago. Then there were rusting cans that actually had no expiration date. I was very tempted to open the broken shrimp up, but probably would have vomited.
So we said goodbye to the second cousins. One good thing about family is you always know that there will be a next time.
Then there were my amazing friends who put together a luncheon party for me. These are some of the most choice people I've ever met and I'm going to miss them like crazy! They had even arranged for babysitters at a different house so we could sit and chat interruption free. What amazing friends I have.
We had to end the week with a bang, literally. Saturday after running errands with my brother I was in a head on collision on Geneva road. The guy wasn't paying attention to the road and came completely into my lane. 35 mph and neither of us had time to put on the brakes. My X-terra lost to his Tahoe and I was pushed back and spun around to hit a parked car on the side of the road. It was terrifying. I hit the horn and screamed. After the major impact, and then secondary one I hugged myself crying and praying it would stop. My eyes were clamped shut and I wasn't sure what was going on and if I was going to be hit by another car or if it was over. When I opened up and saw the airbags and smelled the terrible smells I just started screaming and screaming. My car door wouldn't open because I was right next to the parked car and I was in so much panic that I couldn't think clear enough to climb out the passenger side. I'd seen the movies, I knew that car was going to explode!!!
A sweet woman and her husband that were behind me jumped out and helped me. She opened the side door and had me climb out while I was bawling and shaking. She bossed everyone around to get me water and a chair, called Tyler and helped me rinse off the airbag fluid that felt like it was burning my arms and legs.
She insisted I get in the ambulance and get checked out, I'm so glad she did because once the adrenaline wore off my back and neck started hurting. I got strapped to a backboard and loaded up into the ambulance and taken to the hospital. No fractures, just some gnarly whiplash, a skinned knee from the deploying airbag and some sore spots on my arms and neck.
The car is totaled and we are moving in 2 days. I can't even think about buying a new one, what would we get?! So now instead of packing up and having goodbye lunches, we are talking to lawyers and calling insurance companies. I do have to say how grateful I am though.
I was alone in the car, and I had my seatbelt on. The car seats will have to be replaced and I suppose now we should get a bigger car for our family- but I'm pretty sure we won't get the worth of the car reimbursed to us. Being our only vehicle it was worth way more than the few thousand they will probably try to get us to settle with. I really feel like angels were watching over me and protecting me.
So we will see what the next few days brings, but I'm hoping for the best and I know that the Lord is watching over us!






No comments:
Post a Comment