Monday, January 7, 2013

Post Christmas

Two day's after Christmas we got to celebrate Uncle Stephen's birthday!
Alex insisted on being able to decorate a cake.  
She did a great job and went on to tell me that from now on I can make the cakes and she will decorate and eat them.
After the cake was decorated we got ready for our bonfire and sledding picnic!
It was a cold day.
We had hotdogs, marshmallows and hot coco.  Heidi informed me that she would like a marshmallow without any 'roast' on it.
Heidi loved the sledding!
Alex was great at pulling her own sled up the hill and even went down by herself!  She was so proud and I was so proud of her!
Heidi was pretty lucky there were so many adults willing to take her down the hill.......
And help her up the hill......
over and over.
Dinner was delicious Buffalo Wild Wings and cake.  I had set out the candles to put in the cake later and then wandered off.  Alex ran to find me awhile later and said "MOM! We need more candles!"  I came to see and she was distressed that there weren't enough candles to cover BOTH cakes.
It was a fun party.
At least for the girls and I.
The next few days were spent cleaning out the and dejunking the house.
I think I can officially almost say I have all my stuff (except for a toy box of blocks and some old highschool pots) out of the house!  I've almost graduated to adulthood and moved out.
The girls just wanted to be outside all the time.  No matter that it averaged 15 degrees.

There were lots of snow Angels made.
And red noses.
We drove to Worland for New Year's Eve and did our countdown and toast at about 9pm.
The girls went off to bed and the adults stayed up for another hour maybe before calling it a night.
January 1st we packed our car, bursting at the seams, and drove back home.  It was sad to leave, the time always goes far too quickly.  But I think we did a pretty good job of making it a Christmas worth remembering.

No comments: