Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas part 3

Christmas Day was one of the best that I can remember having since I was a kid! Alex woke up and went through the house knocking on doors and calling out "Santa came! Santa came!" She made sure to help EVERYONE open ALL of the presents under the tree.
This was my favorite present.
Ok, I really liked this one too.
Tyler and I exchanged Magazine subscriptions (Tyler got me Food Network and I got him backyard poultry. Yeah, the cashier at Borders laughed his head off. ) We also made up some great homemade coupons for each other. Alex got everyone Woppers, except Heidi who she specifically chose a porcelain piggy bank from the dollar store.
My favorite part was being with family and watching Alex enjoy the season, but I got some really fantastic gifts as well that I just have to brag about.......
We are now proud owners of the mother of all wheat grinders !!! I was very excited about this gift. We have been adding wheat flour to just about everything we eat now. I also got the coolest baguette pan you have ever seen! The only problem is that it takes some skill to make perfect baguettes, I'm working on that part. I was also given this fantastic multi function cheese grater, I can't even describe it, but it actually makes grating cheese fun. The new kitchen timer has made all my dreams come true, and then there was the blanket that is so warm and cuddly, I fall asleep after about 4 seconds when I'm under it. We also got the visual resource DVDs for the Doctrine and Covenants and they are really good, we have watched a lot of them already! And I was so excited that the family got all seasons of Doctor Quinn on DVD!!!
But enough about gifts.
David secured the title of favorite Uncle with Heidi.
I was once considered to be a tall girl. Until jr. high I was always the tallest in the class. I feel rather short these days.
Unfortunately it was FREEZING the entire 2 weeks we were in Montana. Alex got to play outside once for about an hour before it started to snow.
She immediately found all her old favorite places though.
There really is no place like home.
I thought it was cold in Utah, but in Billings we used the porch as overflow for the freezer, everyday for 2 weeks.
I was also aghast at the unplowed roads. I never remember minding them while driving around at 15, but after living in Utah for 7 years, i've lost my winter driving edge.
Heidi really turned into a little person the last 2 weeks.
She is much more serious than her sister at that age, but still a goofball.

Here is one of the matching Christmas dresses my mother-in-law helped me make. I'll have to post a picture once I can get both kids together and happy in their dresses at the same time.

1 comment:

natalie spratling said...

I love the photos. It was so great to see you and the family while you were here. A wheat grinder is a must, congratulations!