Saturday, December 11, 2010

Peculiar Conversations

“There, I just learned how to spell waffles and vanilla,” Tyler said after writing them 4 times consecutively for a christmas gift. “I’ve never written those words before.”

“SERIOUSLY!?” I asked.

“Why would I have ever had to write them before,” he replied. “Have you ever written them?”

“Many, many times,” I responded.

“Have you ever written sustentaculum tali?” Tyler asked.

“Why would I have ever needed to write sustentaculum tali? Huh, I guess we do live completely different lives after all.”


..... As if it needed proving.



"I can't get the smell of Heidi's poop out of my nose," I told Tyler one evening as we sat together after a long day.
"I can't get the smell of cadaver out of mine," he replied.
Sigh, no use trying to one-up the guy who works in the anatomy lab.

Alex talking to her father about her hodge podge Nativity set she put together.....
"I'm going to put them in the barn so they can be SO SO happy about the presents they gave to the kitty cat."
The kitty cat may or may not have been a stand-in Jesus.



1 comment:

Brianna said...

Hahaha! The wonderful smell of cadaver. I think it still lives in my nose. Every once in a while, I catch a whiff, usually when I'm in a restaurant.