I would like to make a public apology.
I started this blog as a means to keep in touch with family. Recently I decided (since I’m so bad at keeping a written journal) that this blog would also be my family journal, and I would someday print it off and have a more complete record of our early family life.
The last few months, with the stress of moving, pregnancy, and Tyler gone all the time at school, I have been writing posts that have mostly been complaining. I recently wrote some posts while frustrated and after re-reading, I found them to be a bit harsh. I said some things that may have been offensive to our landlords. When I wrote these things, I was only speaking in frustration about the house. I did not think far enough to realize that in so doing, those words might speak ill the owners of the house as well. Until 2 days ago, I had never officially met our landlords and had nothing bad to say about them.
So I would like to say that I am sorry. I now realize that phrases such as “…if we survive the killer mold” and “…we will have to burn down our house ...” would be frustrating and insulting to read if I
were the owner, especially if my friends might read it. My only intent when writing these posts was to blow off steam, and I am truly sorry for anyone that I may have offended in doing so. I have really learned a lesson about what I should and should not write down. The written word is unique in that it is not only more permanent than spoken words, but also that each reader’s personal perspectives bring a different meaning to the same words. Sometimes, unintended meanings can be seen in between the lines.
On a separate note I have decided to make this blog private. So if you would like to have access to our blog, please leave a comment with your name and email, or email me these things at……… abradyfamily@gmail.com , and I will be sure you are on the list!
8 comments:
We all do that sometimes! We all need to vent. I would love to be invited to your blog. Shelbee12@gmail.com
I love reading your blog, please add me! Stephanieann9@gmail.com
DOn't for get me!
Amandamrobbins@gmail.com
pick me!
kataggart (at) gmail (dot) com
keep us in the loop. nspratling@usadig.com. Love keeping in touch with you guys.
goodrichaj@gmail.com
I know Michael and I would like to be invited. I think you have an e-mail address at g-mail for us. If not, message me of FB and I will give it to you.
gwen.crockett@gmail.com
Post a Comment