Sunday, November 8, 2009

A new beginning



While I still plan on making the blog private, I know there are people who only get the chance to check it every few weeks, so I'm going to wait a bit until changing over as to give everyone a chance to message me.

It's been a hard and crazy last few months, but I've decided that this the second week of November is to mark a new beginning. The morning sickness is officially over (knock on wood), Tyler is finally getting over his weird cough and stomach aches, the bathroom smell is gone, and as a family I think we are all (hopefully) done with stomach aches, runny noses, coughs and vomit for awhile at least. While I'm still exhausted all the time, Tyler is finding a balance between school, homework, and family, and so thankfully I'm not 100% in charge of Alex 24/7 anymore. I don't know how single mothers do it, that is a super human feat if you ask me.

So my new attitude and outlook have arrived just in time to enjoy the holidays! Yesterday we celebrated Archie's 1st birthday!!! It was a great party with great food. I'm going to try to post the video of him eating his cake, while Alex stands next to him swiping fingerfulls of frosting. He got a couple of great toys that he loved, and unfortunately for him, Alex also loved. Kate made the coolest cake ever from a variety of M&M's, and we had waffles with icecream and strawberries for lunch! Afterwards, while the kids were napping, we played a game of Bags (a Kate Manker family game) and Devin and I pulled off a great victory, I was very proud. I can't believe Archie is already a year old! Alex adores her cousin (sometimes too much), and I am excited to see them grow up together. It will be fun to see the two of them interact with their slightly older cousins from North Carolina when then come to visit for Christmas!!! Can't wait to see you Sam and Natalie!!!

Kate's sweet cake.


I love this progression of photo's. First Alex sneaks a taste of frosting from off of Archie's messy hands.

Then she gets a bit braver and takes some from off the tray.

She just can't contain her excitement about the plentiful amount of frosting and cake being flung everywhere.

Alex sheepishly stealing Archie's new toy.

2 comments:

Audra said...

What a cutie!! I can't believe how fast they grow up! I don't remember if I told you Congratulations on the soon to be addition to the family!! We definetley want to be apart of your blog!

richnaudrabaird@yahoo.com

Gwen Crockett said...

I'm glad to hear the bathroom smell is gone, and everyone is feeling better!