Here is Archie with Maria and Jose. (P.S. Ben, when I asked everyone what their favorite part of the weekend was, I think there were at least 2 votes for 'Ben's little Jose and Maria show')
Here is the Brady bunch right before departure.
On a non related note, about 2 weeks ago we had a baby cow born. I named it Sugar and here it is at about 30 minutes old. It walked at about an hour old. The same feat took Alex 9 months.

Susan got a fantastic new camera for Mother's Day and graciously took a ton of pictures of Tyler, Alex and I. Unfortunately Ashes decided not to cooperate.
Alex hates getting kissed.
Alex enjoyed Archie a lot. At church she was giving him kisses and putting his pacifier in his mouth. Stephen taught Alex how to poke. So unfortunately she spent most of the weekend poking Archie in the face and saying "poke" when she did it. It was cute, but she got a couple of eye shots in and I felt pretty bad about it.
I was pretty proud of the amazing race we set up. The first event was a game of ladder ball which each team had to score 10 points before collecting their clue. Then they ran to a tree stump where they had to count a bag full of coins. pretty difficult. After that the teams ran to the back yard where they had to collect letters written on colored paper that were hidden in a field of weeks and taped to the sheep's backs. That was the best part, watching everyone run after the sheep to get the letters. hilarious. Lastly there was a bucked fill relay in which each team had to fill a bucket of water using a cup and the creek. Then we did a balloon toss which probably would have ended in a water fight had the mother's not been so worried about everyone being wet around the campfire.
Archie is such a little stud.
One of the adorable shots Susan took
Archie during our picnic.
Alex being a doll.
Alex and her Uncle Stephen hanging out watching the cows.
My first attempt at Kabobs. The chicken was soaked in Italian dressing,delicious.
I've been trying to master the art of bread. My mom loves that Cinnamon swirl bread from great harvest bakery, so I decided to try it. Mine wasn't quite as gooey, but I thought it turned out pretty nicely. Everyone said it was just as good as Great Harvest! They were probably just being nice though.
3 comments:
oh that cinnamon bread looks so good! you can send me the recipe :)
Awesome! Sounds like you guys had so much fun. Kristen, you really are the most creative person EVER! Alex looks so adorable. I can't wait to get to see her and you guys again...especially if we can bribe you into making cinnamon bread with me! ;)
what a fun weekend. The picture is so cute of the three of you. The bread looks delicious. You are amazing. I would love the recipe.
Post a Comment