Monday, July 7, 2008

The best laid plans of mice and men........

As a preemptive strike against boredom, Alexandria and I decided to come to Billings to visit my family while Tyler is out firefighting. The original plan was to move here as soon as possible, but with Alex's hips and doctor appointments and such we just get to come visit for awhile.
I thought we had it planned perfect, Tyler got home from California after a 2 week work stretch, we had 2 fun days together and then he got sent out right away on another fire, this time in Utah. Alex and I packed up and left, picked up Gwen in Logan and got to Worland Wyoming just in time for a fun 4th of July family reunion. It was great, everything was fun, except that Tyler's fire didn't last.
Now here I am in Billing's with my family, and Tyler is sitting in Provo with his family after a 41/2 day weekend and no fire yet. I was so sure that he was going to be gone on fire for the next 2 weeks that we didn't even think of sticking around just to make sure. Don't get me wrong, I am having a great time in Billing's, but I just know that by the time I return to Utah in a month, Tyler will be long gone. Sigh.
Well, you would think it would be cooler up north but that is not the case, it is so HOT here. Alexandria is having a great time hanging out with her Asay family, and I have realized that I really shouldn't ever play RISK because no matter who I play against, i am a very sore loser.

No comments: