Friday, June 22, 2007

Finally, a real job!!!

After months of waiting I (Kristen) just found out that I got the second grade teaching job at Ivy Hall Academy!!!!! This was great news until I found out that the teacher dress code was dresses and skirts everyday. I looked through my closet and realised that for a college grad, i had no adult outfits. Then when trying to find a decent picture of myself for the school bulletin board, I realised that every picture of me for the last 2 years was of me doing something ridiculous in front of the camera, had me with Indian stripes on my cheeks or in a wedding dress. I was finally able to find one that I photo-shopped enough to pass for a teacher portrait. I think this year will be a growing one for me and the 18 seven year olds.

2 comments:

Raggles said...

I opened your blog to find that you had written no new entries, so I closed it...then though, wow, that was longer than last time. So I reopened it to learn all that new info. That's crazy...skirts every day! Good luck with that!

natalie brady said...

YEA!!!
I'm so glad that you guys have a blog too! Now we just have to get ben and kate to join the blogging world. Congrats on the job! 2nd grade is good, If your going to teach, you have to do 4th and under- that's before they get attitudes. Good Luck! Can't wait to see you guys next week!