Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The energy of a 3 year old

I recently applied for a nanny job where i would watch 3 kids a few hours a week. I thought this would be nice for the money and for the experience which would help me get ready to teach second graders. The mother brought her kids over today to meet me and so she could ask me a few questions. The second they stepped in the door the 3 and 4 year old started running everywhere, opening every door and slamming every drawer they could find. I couldn't ditch the mom and frantically round the kids up so i had to be content guarding one room at a time while the mother asked me questions. I thought i had been able to keep the damage to a minimum, a few broken magnets and such, but when they were about to leave the little girl kept saying "fish food" over and over. I thought she wanted to feed them and i said maybe next time. Well, i went to check on the tank after their departure and found that the little angel had dumped the rest of a large bottle of fish food into the tank. I was sick at the sight and could only watch them gorge and hope none died of over eating. Needless to say i have a new respect for mothers and daycare providers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sure sounds like fun...are you gonna do it? Good story. Sounds like you guys had a fun trip. It sure looks beautiful.