Sunday, October 29, 2017

Cheyenne Wyoming

I can't believe it's been a year since I've posted.  So much has happened in such a short time.
I've been posting the major and minor things on Instagram and so there is a picture trail of our comings and goings at least.
   We "enjoyed" a Pittsburgh fall and raked, and I raked and raked leaves until my hands bled.
We tried to juggle homeschooling and having Quinn and Tommy underfoot which was pretty difficult.  The girls started Gymnastics and did a great job at it!  They are naturals.
      We got some snow, like twice, and our grass stayed green all winter long.  Uncle David came to visit at Christmas for a couple of weeks and there was plenty of chatting and playing, museums, iceskating and presents.  Tommy learned how the ice and water dispenser in the fridge worked, that was epically wonderful for him and terrible for us.
      Alex learned how to cook, by herself!! And Tommy became best friends with the cats.  There were temple trips and Friday night movie nights with Grandma Carol.  Lots of adventures with Grandma Carol in fact.  She would always bring the kids treats and toys and read books and let them cuddle- really she was everything you would think a grandma would be and more.
     Tommy colored on the walls in permanent marker, and in Quinn's hair without her realizing it.  The big kids entered an art contest and we had lots of poetry tea times with lovely ladies in the ward. Mom got a love sack and we celebrated some great birthdays for some great kids with cheesecake, a rocketship cake, a flower cake and strawberry shortcake.
     We decided to job hunt, and Tyler flew to Cheyenne, WY for an interview and then accepted the job!  We drove the family cross country for a Brady family reunion at bear lake and had a blast with all the cousins.  We drove home and spent 2 months packing and cleaning up the yard, said good bye to things and friends and then drove back cross country again.  In the midst of it all we bought a house sight unseen on 2.5 acres and are finally living our farm dream!
     So far we have 2 kittens, 10 chickens and 4 rabbits and lots and lots of dreams.  We are homeschooling once again and it's going better than ever.  The home space it great and makes everything flow so much easier than before.
    Alex is an amazing farm girl.  We had said that we needed to get our farm before our oldest hit 10, and we squeezed by with 5 months to spare.  She feeds and waters and cares for everything like they are all her very own and I couldn't be more proud.  Heidi is right next to her learning it all, and Tommy not far behind, stepping in all possible chicken poop- bare foot.  Quinn would rather be inside, playing dress up and dolls.  She is self described as "fancy", I'm not sure what to do with that.
   Tyler's job is about the same as the old one, Emergency room in a big hospital here in town.  The schedule isn't as good as I had planned for his 2nd job, a lot of night shifts but this time it's 5pm- 5 am which is a lot harder to bounce back from than his old 5-2's.  It's getting easier to tiptoe around while he sleeps and we try to leave the house in the morning a lot when needed.
   Quinn is in a ward preschool co-op and it's been fun.  She needs the extra kid time to get it "all" out, and it's fun having the big kids help teach when it's our turn.  Our ward is big but very nice with lots of kids, and I'm in the primary presidency.  Talk about humbling.  I know nothing about primary and I know nobody in the ward, i feel like a bump on a log.
     We are planning on joining 4-H and have Grandma's piano in the living room just waiting for lessons.  There is a list of "to do's" that is about 3 pages long, so we are always busy.  Some of it's fun and some of it's hard and I can say that the honeymoon period of home ownership is officially over now.  We are allergic to something in the home and I'm sort of hoping it's the 5 dogs the previous owners had and not mold int he walls.
    Our yard has lots of pine trees and room to roam and I don't every have to worry about the kids getting in the road or being in much trouble, it's so nice.  They come and go as they please and if it weren't for the crazy wind that comes and goes- Cheyenne might be perfect.

No comments: