After D.C. and during Tyler's Graduation weekend we had some Tommy drama. Before we left and all during our trip we had noticed that he had gotten louder and louder with his squeaking. When we got back I called the ENT referral from the pediatrician and they got us in that evening. He put a fiberoptic camera down poor Tommy's nose and throat and saw that his vocal chords were not moving. Previously it had been thought he had tracheomalasea where the esophagus is a bit floppy and makes the sound.
Since we are a week away from moving we decided that we should take advantage of our proximity to the zoo while we can and went to see the new exhibits that just opened this month.
Quinn was really into the animals which was so fun and made me sad that we weren't going to be around as much this fall. But with the big sisters in school we may just make the drive anyway to find something to do during the long quiet days. I'm equal parts nervous and excited about the big change. I think the girls will love it, but I worry about all the little things like friends and stress and am sad they will be gone for the majority of the day everyday. After spending the last 2 years homeschooling I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with my days! Maybe healthy meals will actually become a priority and I can develops some hobby's again and maybe read a book for fun, gasp!
Quinn was obsessed with wearing Tommy's blanket on her head and saying "I'm a princess" as she walked around. I am excited to spend quality time with that stooge everyday. She seriously needs more Mommy attention.
At one point she wandered off while I nursed Tommy on a bench and we sent Alex to retrieve her. Watching the attempted piggyback ride as they returned was beyond hilarious. She is going to miss her sisters SO much. Especially Heidi- they have become the best of friends this past month and will play WITH each other for hours.
Tyler and the girls fed a mouse their lunch while Tommy ate and I watched the elephants.
We love our Pittsburgh Zoo and I love these girls.
It was requested that I take this picture.
Quinn is still on the line between loving sister and unintentional bully. We are emphasizing the word 'soft' right now and trying to keep her away from his eyes and eyelids.
But every now and then she is really sweet and gives him soft kisses and little hugs. Heidi is often yelling at her in the car for pinching his fingers and taking his blanket. She found an old pacifier which we let her adopt for car trips just so she would leave him and his alone. None of the girls ever took pacifiers as babies but suddenly they are fascinating things.


No comments:
Post a Comment