I was pretty sure my kids wouldn't warm up to him because they don't seem to ever warm up to anyone, but it only took about 5 seconds before they were all over him and trying to wrestle. Then when they saw that he had come bearing gifts of candy and toys- his popularity was cemented.
Of course it rained to minute he arrived and so all our plans were changed, but there was lots of good eating and sight seeing that evening and the next day was spent at the Andy Warhol Museum (it was terrible, I couldn't let my kids look at 1/4 of the art and Alex even said "Mom, all of these pictures are weird. Can we go? I don't want these stuck in my head forever." I was so proud of her.)
So we lasted there about 20 minutes it seemed and then walked over a bridge into downtown and got some yummy Pittsburgh popcorn. We came home and lounged and then had pizza and a movie night.
Michael came to sacrament with us before he had to take off, and the Pittsburgh 1st ward did not disappoint! It was a fast Sunday and there were your standard (for the 1st ward) over the pulpit confessions, spur of the moment congregation including singing, and in general plenty of things you would never see in a Utah ward. I'm glad he got to see that.
It was sad seeing him go, but so nice to have been able to spend the weekend with him and watch him play with the kids. Quinn called him Uncle Bichael, which is more appropriate than she knows, and when I showed her these pictures she laughed and laughed and said "Ohhh, Uncle Bichael!" He's a fun guy.

1 comment:
I'm totally planning on crashing at the new place soon :)
Post a Comment