Unfortunatly the morning of her birthday she woke up hysterical about her feet hurting. I was getting pretty worried until Alex brought her breakfast in bed which calmed her right down. The birthday goblins were extra tricky and hid clues she had to follow to find all her presents. She got what she wanted plus another Boxcar Children Cd and a birthday dress.
Alex had soccer, so we tied a balloon to Heidi's bike to make it a festive outing, and followed another clue to get us to the park. Thursday Heidi and Alex had been rough housing and Heidi got a rug burn on her nose. It didn't even hurt her at first but I knew it was going to scab up- because we are having family pictures professionally taken in a week.
She blew bubbles, played on the playground, followed dogs around, played catch with dad, wandered through the bush, ate snacks and kicked the ball while we waited for Alex. It was a windy, overcast day most of the time, but so much nicer than the week of rain previously.
The birthday goblins had left a picnic lunch for us all to enjoy after soccer, and on the walk home it was so wonderful and carefree that things like final tests, and packing slipped my mind.
Heidi had requested a friend party instead of a family party and Alex's first and only friend party was when she was 4, so we were expecting kids that afternoon.
When the friends arrived we played ring around the rosies, duck duck goose, pin the tail on the donkey, pictionary and about 10 other games I made up on the spot. Then we opened gifts and had cake, and still had an hour to kill!
This was most of the group- 7 little girls and a boy ranging from 2 years old to 6. It was a bit chaotic.
It reminded me of that Berenstein Bears book about Sister's birthday- where she is reduced to tears.
Heidi spent the last hour of her birthday upstairs playing alone with Daddy, while Alex entertained her guests. The plan was to let them run wild outside, but it rained. I decided 6 guests plus 3 of my own is too many kids for an indoor party! We ended the day with Daddy and Heidi taking an outing to Home Depot to open all the refrigerators and sit in all the lawn chairs. She got Cheetos and when they returned home she declared it was the best part of her whole birthday. I'm going to remember that for next year.
So happy birthday Heidi bug. We all love you so much. You are so much fun and so sweet, I hope you had a wonderful day!






2 comments:
Dear Heidi,
Happy Birthday. I am so glad that you are older now. Before, when you weren't as old, we didn't have as many things in common. But now you are so big and grown up, we have lots in common, like opening refrigerator doors at Home Depot. That is one of my favorites.
I think your birthday party sounded so much fun. I wish Archie and Annie and Salem were there. It just sounded like you needed a couple of more kids to make the party even more fun. I already know your mom agrees. The next time we visit, will you show me how your new camera works? I would love to take a picture of you wearing your awesome red cowgirl boots. I showed Archie your picture with your boots on and he was super happy that you are still wearing them. I bet your birthday was so much fun, you should tell your mom you want to have another one again next year.
Love you,
Uncle Ben and Salem and Annie and Archie and Aunt Kate
Aww... Happy Birthday Heidi! I can't believe you're already 4! You look so much more grown up than when we last saw you! I am so glad that we'll be seeing you again soon. Ryan is very excited, and so is Aunt Danielle.
Anyway, sorry we missed your party, but since we're family not friends then I guess we wouldn't have been invited anyway. Still, it looked fun! You'll have to take a photo of your new baby cousin Matthew when you see him next month using your new camera. He'd like that, and I haven't been taking enough photos of him!
Happy Birthday again!
~Aunt Danielle, Uncle Michael, Ryan, and Matthew
Post a Comment