Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Grandparents visit!

Tyler's Spring Break was magical for a few reasons.
 
The first of which was that Tyler's parents came for a visit!  We'd been dying for visitors and the girls could not wait to have Grandpa and Gradma come!
The second magical thing was that the day they arrived it was so warm we didn't even need to wear jackets!  It felt like the perfect summer day and so after picking up Gma and Gpa from the airport (and gorging ourselves on delicious Burgatory after that) we parked downtown and walked to the point!
It felt like being home, and I think we were all longing for a little bit of home.
We made it across the bridge without anyone defying gravity and spontaniously falling into the river.
And all the cars were able to stay on their side of the bridge and not crash into us.  I have irrational fears about many things.
Quinn even got her very first sunburn!
The point was a fun place to explore and I look forward to going back when things are green.  Heidi loved having Grandpa's undivided attention whenever she wanted.
Alex clung to Grandma when she wasn't collecting dead leaves and seed pods and running like she never had before.  But when I think about it, it has been a LONG while since we have been anywhere that she could just run.
And so they ran.
The warmth and the Grandparents and having the Tyler away from school made for the best day we've had in ages!
We tried to act all cool like we were Pittsburghers, but then we got lost driving like 5 times.  It's not Tyler's fault though because he never drives anywhere and basically lives his life on a 3 mile path to school and back. 
I think I can call Pittsburgh my city though.  I'm starting to get to know it and love it.  The roads are less terrifying and I'm making fewer wrong turns.  I can even venture downtown without GPS and not get lost. Sometimes.
Quinn didn't know what to do with all the attention!


Tyler has been quite the trooper since Christmas.  We have finally gotten our roation list though and are only 2 months from the end of this terrible, long and lonely learning year!!!!






We spent such a big chunck of the girls lives at Grandma and Grandpa Brady's house that they girls are still convinced that THAT is home.  I don't think it has helped matters that Dad sort of disapeared once we arrived in Pittsburgh, and they talk about moving away all the time.
I have to say that it's growing on me though, although I don't think it's my forever city.
Just so much to do here!  So many viewfinders to climb on!
Tyler really liked having his Dad around for the week. 
When he wasn't reading books to the girls he was doing man stuff with Tyler.  It was good for Tyler.
After visiting the point we got lost on the way to the Duquesne Incline (GPS's fault) but eventually got to enjoy the view of the city from Mount (ha) Washington.
I made everyone try to pose into the sun, remembering a picture from our first week here.
Crazy to think that Quinn was a floppy little thing when we first arrived.
 
And look at those girls!  Who are they?  Alex's bangs can almost be tucked behind her ears now, and Heidi won't let us cut her hair short anymore (thanks alot Rapunzle.)
After the Incline we went home to show off our house and let everyone relax for a bit.  I think we even treated Grandma and Grandpa to an episode of Dr. Quinn before we all rolled into bed.



1 comment:

Benjamin Brady said...

I think I need some dad time too. I am certain I don't do enough man stuff either.