Sunday, February 16, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like...... winter will never end.

There is nothing happening in our lives right now.

Tyler just finished another Unit, only 2 left until rotations which sort of blows my mind and sort of feels like it will never come.  Especially in this weather.  It's been cold and snowy for days.  Just cold enough you don't want to send the kids outside, and just snowy enough you don't want to drive anywhere to escape cabin fever.

 Our lives sort of fit into this box.  I've grown very fond of it, Quinn loves it as a play pen, and the girls use it for hours a day.  It's remarkable to think of all the toys we have, and yet how content this simple box has made us.  I credit it for saving my sanity on these long cold days with Tyler gone and children sick.
Heidi has what we are starting to think may be influenza, 2 Sundays of missing church due to coughs is taking it's tole.  And it turns out Quinn really does have an allergic reaction to eggs!  Alex told me she hates being sick because she can't do her favorite things, "like putting my fingers in Quinn's mouth." The girls have since been banned from Quinn.
 It's not a terrible cage to be in, with the hope of spring on the horizon I try to remind myself the cold can't last forever.  It does feel like a cage though when we are far away from family and new babies!  I became an Aunt again twice in the last week and I want to hold babies and squeeze cheeks.

 The event of the week was when Girl Scout cookies arrived!  Alex and Heidi each purchased their very own boxes and watching them nibble and savor those special and long awaited treats has brought a smile to my face time and time again.

No comments: