On the long drive home from Arizona at Thanksgiving, where we visited Tyler's brother Ben and his family, we finally found our winner. Quinn Katherine.
Katherine is the full name of Ben's wife- Kate. You may know Kate as my partner in crime and all things wonderful. The most amazing, patient, kind, loving, fun, spunky, faithful, optimistic, sweet, spiritual, fantastic, hard working woman I know. We often joke that Kate and I were destined to be sisters, and that Ben and Tyler were just the means to that end. Tyler immediately loved the nickname Katie Q and suggested we switch the first and middle names. But since I fully intend on someday being neighbors with Kate's family, having 2 of them running around would be too confusing.
So that's how she got her name, and hopefully if all my prayers are answered, she will turn into a miniature version of her Aunt.
On a different note, today we got the insurance card for Quinn. Apparently there was some breakdown in the communication and instead of Quinn Katherine Brady being insured, we have a Queen Katherine Brady in our family who is.
Tonight Tyler was pointing out to her that the baby flamingo's in the documentary we were watching, could walk and fend for themselves within days. "See Quinn" he said, and then I had to laugh because he had said Sequin. My little darling I hope you don't hate us in 10 years for your name, as it has been a nice little handful the last 10 days.

No comments:
Post a Comment