When I found out i was pregnant I decided to keep a better log about the whole thing than I had in the past. I found myself wishing I had written down things like when the sickness started, and when it ended, what I craved etc. So I would know!
But I knew there was some risk in this undertaking. If I'd had those past journal entries to look back on I may have been a bit more reluctant to start the process over again.
So here is my brief overview of the past 10 weeks.
week 5- morning sickness starts. Feel better when I'm distracted, laying around doesn't help and makes it worse. Sleeping well and through the night. Turns out vacation and morning sickness are a TERRIBLE mix. Carbonation makes me feel better which I usually hate. I've had more soda in the last 5 days than the last 5 years of my life.
week 6- Started the unisom and B6 mix then drop Unisom after 4 days. Didn't notice a huge difference without the Unisom other than it really does help me sleep.
Week 7 - Establish a pattern of feeling well in morning, goodish until afternoon and Ok/ yuck until bedtime. Can't sleep through the night and sluggish during the day. Also the week super smell started. When I can eat I'm down to 1/2 my usual intake. Feel good while riding bike (although smells are killer), laying around is helping more.
Went from super excited and day dreaming about names and gender to barely thinking about it and just trying to survive each day. Think Susan suspects, must try to not act how I feel. Tyler very helpful, can't stand kids climbing all over me.
week 8- Feeling sick constantly now, but not nearly as severe as in the beginning.
-If I plug my nose while I'm vomiting, it keeps the nastiness out of my nasal canal. Best discovery yet.
-Every time I eat anything I get a terrible sour taste in my mouth and need to brush immediately. When I brush my teeth it makes me dry heave. If I dry heave........ Catch 22.
-Thought for a day that potatoes were the miracle food. Had hashbrowns for dinner and midnight snack and felt better than ever that night/morning. Tried to eat potatoes for the next 2 days striaght. fluke.
-Starting to think 3 kids might be enough.
-Dropped B6 but started up on the prenatal more diligently.
-LOVE those little Totino's pizza's.
Week 9- Constant exhaustion might have finally hit. Get kids into bed at 7 and desire to immediately hit the sack myself. HARD to fake non-pregnancy.
- Appitite might be returning. Ate 2 tuna sandwiches for lunch. Craving pickles. Tomatoes growing like crazy at garden, want to puke just looking at them- great timing garden.
Week 10- SO TIRED ALL THE TIME. Having a real hard time pulling off the "I'm perfectly ok and nothing has changed" ruse.
-My eyes are super dry and the skin around them is always red and itchy, the inside of my elbows itch like crazy, as well as patches down the arm. Starting to wonder if it's pregnancy related afterall. Haven't touched the garden in a week.
-Restarted the B6 Unisom trick and it worked a LOT better, took it for 2 days and then dropped the unisom again because it made me super groggy and tired all day and night. So far without the Unisom I'm still getting the good results. Tired, but not groggy.
- Maybe have reached the mood swing portion of pregnancy. Exhausted, stuck at home Kristen who is weepy and grouchy is starting to wear on everybody, especially poor husband. Wondering if doing this 3rd kid thing right now was such a good idea after all.
-Able to eat sweets again for the first time in a month. Also starting to look poochy- not from baby, but from lack of exercise and diet. Must work out if I'm going to keep this hidden much longer.
Week 11- Went without Unisom for 3 days and was useless. Started it up to favorable, but not fantastic results. Really hoping it all magically goes away on Monday- week 12.
- Threw up a massive amount of Lasagna Thursday. Cottage cheese makes my top 10 list of worst things to throw up.
- Considering telling the kids about the baby- just so they will stop standing on my stomach and pummeling me with their elbows.
- Went in for a nurse consult about my dry itchy skin. She declared it eczema without a second glance or 2 questions and then prescribed me 2 useless medications. One specifically said to keep away from eyes and the other said it could cause birth defects and only to use if the benefits outweigh the risks. This was from the OBGYN- good thing I read labels and don't trust people.
-Considering telling everyone about the baby so people will stop looking at me like i'm lazy and broken.
Week 12- spilt the beans to Mom and plan on telling Tyler's parents and the kids tonight for FHE. -Went to the OB and got my rash classified as something with a long name that I can't remember. wighed in and peed in a cup and then gave them 5 little tubes of blood! Never remember having to do that before. Also heard the heart beat! May be a baby, might be a bear, but there is something alive in there!
-Threw up meatballs and rice after a dinner where I foolishly didn't drink anywater. Worst. Vomit. Experience. Ever. It beat out the chicken and rice dinner I lost when pregnant with Alex. And yes I still vividly remember it from 2007.
Week 13- Think I'm slowly getting better. Not the magical "wake up one day and feel fantastic" that I've been hoping for, but feeling more like a human. The kids are excited, and still don't really believe- Mommy's tummy isn't big enough. The girls and I decided on "Smarty" for the unofficial pre-name of the baby so we don't have to just keep calling it baby. Smarty is 3 inches long now- and definitely a presence in my abdomen- especially when the kids jump on my stomach and I immediately and urgently have to pee.
-Decided I've thrown up more with this kid than we the other two combined. When I think back to the sickness phase of those pregnancies I can remember one or two moments, laying on the couch, vomiting, or writhing in bed- but the whole rest of the picture is gone. I think it's like labor-your body just has to forget so you will be willing to do it again. Maybe I shouldn't have documented it so well this time.
Week 14- This was magic week. I became human during the daylight hours, but as soon as the sun began to dip beneath the horizon the stomach ache would return and I would be a zombie in bed. Ohhhh, but the joys of feeling well even for a bit!
-Over indulged in sugar today after a pretty physical day. Discovered that it is still possible to throw up past 12 weeks. Dear posterity, I wish I had figured out some cure all by now, but the only advice I can pass on at this point is - if you know you are going to throw up, make sure you have some fluids in that tummy. The liquid helps it all come up fast, smooth and easy.
-Rash still present- gets worse with stress? hot water? Tyler insists I call a Dermetologist. Where to even begin?
-Belly plenty visible. When I tell people they either say "Oh I knew" or "Oh GOOD! I was worried something was terribly wrong with you!" Guess I'm a terrible faker/secret keeper.
-Belly button already starting to transform into it's nonexistent phase. Sigh, so sad.
-Laughing at Tyler and I for setting the goal of being in bed by 10pm a few months ago. Crawl into bed the second the kids are asleep- average time? 7:30.
1 comment:
ohhhh, my. Well, I enjoyed reading your post, however, I am nauseous with you now too. No, not because I am pregnant, but you have described throwing up so vividly that I can feel my throat muscles twitching...! I must say, after conference, and knowing that we came here to go through trials in order to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, being sick during pregnancy won't seem so bad in the afterlife:) I feel for you now though-- it sounds like meatballs and lasagne are out for the duration of this pregnancy. When I come up to visit I'll make you anything you request! Can't wait!
Post a Comment