Norma and Archie just sat around and chatted most of the time. Grandma spent plenty of time holding great grand babies and trying to hit Ben with a water balloon.
Alex loved the rocks and dirt and grass and bugs. She tried to climb everything and wanted to explore everywhere. Alex and Heidi took turns wearing a bear bell, so I would always know where one of them was. It worked well until Alex discovered how to detach it from her back belt loop. After that she had to have a chaperone everywhere she went. This was a bit exhausting for both Tyler and I. With two walking kids we each took a kid and spent the entire time following our child around. We didn't see much of each other or really anyone else but we made it home without any injuries or lost child scares!

Alex loves playing with little girls, there don't seem to be many her age around here so she mostly plays with little boys. Therefore spending time with her little girl cousins was a treat.


I wish I could say this is how I did look the entire time. Minus the scrawny, pale, freakishly long arms. Tyler caught on film one of the 3 times I got to sit still the entire trip. I think I was in this chair about 2 minutes before I had to chase after a kid. I love camping, but I was pretty excited to get home and lock them in the house so I could sit down and relax.

Ashes stood guard over our little camp ground throughout the night. Believe it or not thats the tent I won at my High school graduation party. It's had lots of love and can probably fit one more kid before we have to actual purchase a decent tent.

The morning everyone was packing up I followed these two around butterfly hunting. They caught a moth that was promptly squished, but they took turns carrying the "sleeping" bug around for a good 45 minutes before it was put to rest in the grass.


1 comment:
you can make me one of those chocolate cakes anytime you want!!!!
Yummy!!! :)
Post a Comment