Monday, June 27, 2011

Late June ketchup

Father's Day weekend the Brady Family Holiday Curse, caught up to us once again and we spent the better part of 4 days sick at home. This was a double whammy because I had spent a huge chunk of Saturday laboring over a 5 layer ice cream cake that stood about a foot tall when I was done with it. It was my Father's Day gift to all the men, but by the time Tyler got better it was all gone. I didn't even snag a good picture.
I thought the 24 hour flu was terrible, but after Alex threw up almost nonstop for 3 days straight, I was the frantic mom at the E.R. begging them to do anything to fix my daughter. This got us (as well as strange looks) a prescription of nausea medicine that allowed Alex to do a little more sleeping, and lot more drinking. By day 6 she was actually giggling, walking and picking on Heidi again.
I take back every frustrated thought I had about having a non napping over-active 3 year old. It is much more enjoyable than watching your little zombie lay on the couch for hours and communicate with squeaks and grunts. Somehow Heidi and I missed the sickness (Thank goodness) but unfortunately it jumped the neighborhood gap. Despite our best efforts and self inflicted quarantine, it hit the other Brady's on Kate's due date.
The details aren't mine to share, but despite being sick, Kate delivered a beautiful baby girl on Thursday morning and we are all in love. Alex can't get enough and turns into a dancing, skipping, squealing little ball of joy every time she sees her. Poor Annie's toes get mauled every time we are near, because that's the only thing Alex is allowed to touch. Heidi hasn't seen her do much more than sleep, so I'm not sure she realizes that Annie is more than a doll, just a much better guarded doll than the rest.
Tyler has started school again, and we have played in the sprinklers everyday. Michael and Danielle just moved into their fantastic townhouse (we are very jealous, their front yard is the coolest splash pad type park you have ever seen, and the library is a stones throw away to the right. A grocery store is a stone throw to the left and yet somehow they don't seem like they live in the middle of the city). To bad they live in Highland or we would be there everyday.
Life is going well, we are setting goals and actually sticking to them! Stephen returns home from his mission in Brazil in 2 weeks and Tyler is starting to fill out P.A. school applications. Alex is begging to be put in dance lessons and still loves to read. Heidi's mouth has exploded and she now has 7 teeth that she loves to bite me with, and only me it seems. Her hair is growing and she will actually wear bows!!!!! Could life get any better?

No comments: