Monday, February 14, 2011

Face Paints

Last week I was feeling a bit crafty. I decided to paint wooden clothespins for a project I'd been thinking about for awhile. While sorting through my craft stuff I found some water colors. Thinking back on my youth I remember water colors being lame. I could never get the colors dark enough, they never did what I wanted, they were just too.... watery.
Perfect I thought. Alex can paint with watercolors while I'm painting with Acrylics. Everyone wins. So we started to paint.
Not to long after starting, Heidi woke from her nap and was allowed to join us at the table with cheerios to entertain her. Between Heidi, getting more cheerios, painting, phone calls, and everything else, apparently I didn't do the greatest job at supervising Alex.
Alex has mastered the art of getting in trouble while sitting right next to me. I realized this day that I am a peripheral vision mother. If I can see their bodies and know what they are playing with, I guess I make an assumption that they can't be getting into trouble.
I should know better. Alex paints her face with yogurt whenever she gets one, and can't be trusted alone at a table with any food for fear she will get artsy with it.
Luckily it was just watercolors!!! Although I will have to quiz her on how she was able to paint her body such vibrant colors, when I was never able to get the white paper that pretty.
This is Heidi's "MOM, GET ME OUT OF THE CHAIR" look. If you could only hear the noise that goes with it. Heidi is officially all grown up. 9 months and WAY too tall. She isn't a baby anymore, walking along the furniture, teasing Alex, giving me sassy looks. This is my silent but stubborn child, I'm almost more afraid of her teenage years than Alex's.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

I love how Alex looks like she has a healing black eye and other assorted scratches and bruises... She's very talented.